Thursday, May 22, 2008

Journey through the hills


After we walk past the gypsies, we are on a path through hills and...


We see people harvesting honey.






















We see sheep being herded.






We see lots of beautiful nature here in Mastacani.



I then taught the kids how to use my digital camera, and we made some beautiful pictures....=)
















I usually look terrible in pictures, but I think I have to admit I looked pretty (personal opinion).





You can ask: Cynthia, exactly what have you done for Peace Corps thus far? Looking at these beautiful photos, you seem to be integrating and people of Romania look happy with you.

The answer I'd give you: I've done nothing to deserve their generosity or really to deserve this site, but I love it.

For every new person I meet, they always ask if I'm married, and when they find out that I'm single they tell me I need to or I will meet a Romanian boy and we'll get married and I can stay here.
While some people may find this kind of hassling an invasion of privacy, I see it as You Romanians are so unbias towards the Chinese and to Americans that you would openly accept me as one of you.
I find it amusing, funny, cute, and sweet.
Until it starts to interrupt my lifestyle, I'm going to keep being amused, as the people here try to hook me up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice labels... LOL. I agree... Cynthia is hot! =D

Beautiful pictures.

katie said...

alright, you know how much i dislike kids... but that last picture is pretty cute ^_^

Unknown said...

hahaha i told you sooo!!!! you're going to get married there =D