Thursday, May 29, 2008

I got my package

I got my first package!! yesterday!

Okay, so Mom sent me a package a while back ago (maybe 8 days before it got here) and it had my name and Sarita's name on it.
Since it had Sarita's name on it (Sarita being the mayor's wife, my counterpart's wife, and my landlord) we had to go together to Galati to pick up the package at the train station post office.

We had a worker drive us during work to the city to get it, and at first I felt bad about that whole trip, but then less bad because we had to do some shopping for the office anyway, so it wasn't all about me.

Package contained things I was surprised made it through to Romania. My mom sent me seeds for planting, curry powder, dried Chinese herbs, which all I appreciated, but ...! I thought these things weren't allowed over!

So for the future: put my name only so I don't need her to come along to get my packages.
That's the story.

Speaking of which:
Yeh Cynthia
Centrul de Consultanta Ecologica
Judet Galati
Romania

I changed this because an organization offered to pick up packages for me. Once I get notice that I've received a package, I have 2 days to pick it up or it's sent back to where it came from.
Bless that organization's soul!

No comments: