Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Animals of Mastacani


I think this is the prettiest bug. It was shiny and dark red. I found it in a lady's shoe.





Here is a cow, they travel by streets too in Mastacani.








Here are baby chickens.






Here are donkey pulling a cart, they are so slow compared to horses and they smell.




Here are horse taking a break in the shade during market day (every Sunday morning). I see them all the time, but there are LOTS of them on market day. I feel tense every time a car weaves through the carts, because the carts are slower, but there's only 1 lane in each direction!



Here you're got turkey, and baby turkey.





Here you have a curled up, non-venomous Romanian snake, and there's a video down below.




Here you've got cats, most of them live outdoors in the country. They're hug-able and they keep pests away and the have their space.





Here you've got the cockatils, and they look exactly like the types in the US (these belong to my neighbor, as well as the cats).





Here is her parakeet (he looks like my bird Shifty!!! But he's not as cute, and I'm not being bias).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Charm said that she's not coming now. Snakes = no Romania. I'm still coming though... I wouldn't miss this for anything... maybe a softball game... jk

Cynthia said...

The snakes are non-venomous and they're tiny!!!

I've told people you're coming and did you see the horse drawn cart?

I can't guarantee that you'll get a ride, but if you want I'll do what I can to get us one.
In the winter, the horses have skis or so I've heard.

Charmaine said...

Don't you mean the carts have skis, not the horses? Snakes are the deal breakers, I'll make sure to send a cardboard cut out of me with Scott. :-)

Cynthia said...

I've only seen two and the chickens eat them.
There's lots more snakes in CA, I think, like venomous rattlers.
We'll just have chickens traveling with us.
I had some yummy wine today....
And it would makes more sense to have carts with skis and horses pulling them...