I've got internet! That means I don't feel bad about going online to work on my blog. Yes this is soooo anti-social right now, staying in my apartment to work online, BUT these pictures must be put up before I forget about them:
Here are pictures from Swearing-in.
Let's start it out right: here is Cynthia with her homestay coordinator (guy who's in charge of housing issues), and her language professor. Daniel and Samuel are brothers and I believe both are going to be working with the next group of volunteers coming in 1 week: group 25.
This is Anne and our new Program Manager for CED. Her name is Oana, and she's my manager. If I need something for projects I ask her, if I have problems with housing, etc..she can direct me to the right resource. I met her only 2 weeks before this ceremony, right before the site visit. She made the time to sit down and help me translate with my counterpart, which was very sweet of her. I don't have the best memory (sadly), so sorry if I repeat things in my blog. Anne's outfit matched the pansy's at the Ambassador's house =)
That is "Dreamy Dave" which all the pre-teen female youths are in Love with. I admit it, I think he's dreamy too, and his insides are just as amazing as his outside, he really is the sweetest guy I've ever met, and from what I've gathered in our hang outs, I don't think we have too much in common, asa [ah-sha](oh well).

That is "Dreamy Dave" which all the pre-teen female youths are in Love with. I admit it, I think he's dreamy too, and his insides are just as amazing as his outside, he really is the sweetest guy I've ever met, and from what I've gathered in our hang outs, I don't think we have too much in common, asa [ah-sha](oh well).
Well here are some of us all dressed up waiting in line for the food. Keep scrolling down and see why. It was very pretty food, unfortunately I was near the end of the line, and didn't get to taste some of it, but that's okay! Because I had good company in the back, and you know what? It's time to lose some of that Romanian 15 (lbs, or if we want to do it the EU way: about 7kgs).
It's not that food is that horrid: salami, bread, oil, pasta, mayo, and some cucumber and tomatoes. It's the fact that I was Taught to eat Everything put in front of me out of politeness. So...It was for the best that I didn't have to see and smell the food I missed.
My pictures are scrambled and I can't move them, so:
Here's 2 of my language teachers: Ioana
Here's the Ambassador's house in Romania, in Bucharesti. We had the ceremony under a canopy over the the left in this picture.
No idea why?! But a Lot of the female cops in Romania look like supermodels. I am not kidding. Look at her! but the men are old and cop looking, not like super models. Their nails are usually painted nicely too. I don't get it? Do they get harassed as hot female cops? I haven't seen a fat ugly Romanian woman cop at all.
Awww. I love this picture of Emily and I. I have no idea why she's so tall in this picture because I'm sure we're closer in height. My leg is bent I think. Don't we look pretty? (rhetorical question here)
Nils just woke up, sleepy head.
Here's the press release:
In on the very very left, you can see 1/2 of me.
http://bucharest.usembassy.gov/US_Policy/Press_Releases/Peace_Corps_04052008.html
3 comments:
Way to go Cynthia.
Yowza! Did I ever tell you that you are a foxy lady? =D haha! You look very cute in that dress.
Nope you didn't, thanx ;)
We'll take a before and after PC service in the same dress. Lol.
Post a Comment