Also known as the coldest city in Romania.
I left my village on Sunday and spent the night at Emily and Nils' since we did have to leave at 5:30am (and there's no train from my village to where we were going). Not too bad of a ride, and our compartments were heated =)


Guess what I bought for 1 lei on the train! I needed those band aides for my shoes and for my scrapes from that bike incident. Tiger Balm!!!!! It's made in China and smells like the real thing. I've not used any since I was a child. I think it's for anything that hurts (except eyes).

I took these pics trying to get a good one of them two sleeping, but later I looked through them and thought they were pretty funny. The scenes are so different in every shot!




Yes for the next pictures. They're soo pretty! One is of the small villages nestled in the hills as we got closer to Transilvania/the mountains/the Hungarian villages in Romania. The next is a river shot.


Romania has oil too.

AND we arrived at the hotel! 7 hour trip = not too bad at all. We had a niiiiice hotel. There were weird Romanian tweaks, but great food, warmth, etc... some high profile people stayed in the same hotel with us that week. Weird hair dryer/US outlet adapter device to the left.


After I took a nice nap (there were no plans Monday except traveling), a few PCVs and I went in search of food. We found an Italian Restuarant!!! I ate Ravioli!!! Yay!!!!


Then back to the hotel we went. It was a chilly night: -1 C probably. We had the whole 1st floor to us, and part of floor 3. I said I felt like I was in the dorms again probably because I got to pad about from room to room in my fuzzy socks =D

And vola!! Sometime in the evening we saw the schedule in the lobby. It was jam packed with fun from 9am-6pm..and over, every day!

Guess what I bought for 1 lei on the train! I needed those band aides for my shoes and for my scrapes from that bike incident. Tiger Balm!!!!! It's made in China and smells like the real thing. I've not used any since I was a child. I think it's for anything that hurts (except eyes).
I took these pics trying to get a good one of them two sleeping, but later I looked through them and thought they were pretty funny. The scenes are so different in every shot!
Yes for the next pictures. They're soo pretty! One is of the small villages nestled in the hills as we got closer to Transilvania/the mountains/the Hungarian villages in Romania. The next is a river shot.
Romania has oil too.
AND we arrived at the hotel! 7 hour trip = not too bad at all. We had a niiiiice hotel. There were weird Romanian tweaks, but great food, warmth, etc... some high profile people stayed in the same hotel with us that week. Weird hair dryer/US outlet adapter device to the left.
After I took a nice nap (there were no plans Monday except traveling), a few PCVs and I went in search of food. We found an Italian Restuarant!!! I ate Ravioli!!! Yay!!!!
Then back to the hotel we went. It was a chilly night: -1 C probably. We had the whole 1st floor to us, and part of floor 3. I said I felt like I was in the dorms again probably because I got to pad about from room to room in my fuzzy socks =D
And vola!! Sometime in the evening we saw the schedule in the lobby. It was jam packed with fun from 9am-6pm..and over, every day!
2 comments:
Do I spy a wine glass in Cythia's hand. Humm... it looks at little bit like a reisling. Drink up Cynthia, drink up...
what was that..wait..! That was water. Plain ol'water. I did drink it, and I was hydrated after.
Post a Comment