Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Okay, old post, but: Learning from making a mistake

What I learned here: Milk from a cow MUST BE BOILED ON THE FIRST DAY!!

Here is milk I tried to boil 2 days after receiving it. It was all stringy and thick and after being boiled I got cheese stuff and sour water?? Ergo! Boil milk from cow on first day!!! even refrigerated!!

Another thing I learned too with milk: do not put vanilla extract in milk when trying to make yogurt (refer to older entry about yogurt making). I did that...in my attempt to make vanilla tasting yogurt, and after 1 1/2 days, I still had milk...and no yogurt.
Fortunately, I decided to immediately boil the stuff (1/2 already boiled milk, 1/2 pure from the cow milk, and vanilla extract) and I ended up with perfect vanilla tasting milk. I think I killed all the bacteria with the alcohol in the extract.















Here is my knee when I SLAPPEd the mosquito While it was sucking my blood. I killed it in action and it was very satisfying....unfortunately I think I made the mosquito panic and inject or not inject what was normal. From now on: lesson learned: let the mosquitoes do their business and deal with the problem afterwords.

That thing lasted a few days longer than the normal bite. It's gone now...but I've got these bedbug bites to deal with instead.

Who wins a metal for most eaten? In Romania? which is in Europe, which is not Africa? Who'd a thought there was such a mosquito threat here?!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

In responces to your last question:

You do live near a large "lake". And isn't there a river there too? And what is the terrain like too, if it is flat then that river doesn't flow like the American River. Just remember to keep that mosquito neting up, and maybe we'll send you some Benadryl.

Cynthia said...

I live next to the Danube river, but 5km from us is the Prut river, and closer to my home is a small river that cows drink from and the kids and I played in.

The Prut is actually a marsh or swamp...which is home to over 25 species of birds. Yes...I know, I know. There are still mosquitoes even though it's cold!!

Personally, I prefer mosquitoes to bedbugs now. Still waiting to decide on how I feel about vampire bites.

Marie Mines said...

Holy smokes girl! It looks and sounds like Romania is out to get you! And here I am back in the states, safe as can be. HA HA! Eat your heart out! ;D Just kidding. Love you tons!
Marie