Monday, October 27, 2008

FAVOR/HOMEWORK from the US

A teacher wants to do a quick webcam/penpal exchange with people from the US.

I was thinking of exchanging letters first, and them seeing each other face to face, but she has an idea of maybe just 5 kids (ages 8-15) who are American who will talk with kids here.

So instead of searching out a school or organization to help me with this, I thought I'd just use family and friends. To do this, you need access to a webcam at maybe 11pm-1am at night =/

Just 1 night!! and please be nice and have patience of course. The kids and teachers here would love it!! Maybe you could talk to the teachers here too (they're about 24-50).

I'll prep them in some English before hand.

Please let me know if you can do it, or you know someone who can. We're thinking the week of November 10th or the week after.

Thanks!!!
-Cynthia

(addition: Those of you willing to help, thank you!!! I think for little kids it would be more fun for them to see other little kids speaking to them, but thanks for letting me know, and if it turns out that it will work better if they speak to more mature Americans I will ask you guys! I think the Romanian-English accent is pretty (as European accents tend to be).
p.s. what's the time difference from Japan to Romania Lyle? It's 9:45pm in my time now, 12:45pm in CA.

3 comments:

Lyle said...

I'd gladly help with this!
I'm not age 8-15 though...

I also have the extra added bonus of being closer time-zone wise! Go Japan!

Unknown said...

I'd like to help, but I have an age gap there. Emaly is close but I don't think quite there, and well Amanda is young, but not that young. You could try Terry Davis' kids?

Unknown said...

i would love to help... but out of the age range (once again)...