Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Making Yogurt is Easy!!

I have yet to make a great batch, but I ate this batch TWICE!! and I didn't Die!

So what to do:

Step 1: Find a cow, but preferably a cow with an udder to milk. (This is a cow from my village, but I didn't have a female picture, just a male cow picture.)


Step 2: Take that sticla (bottle) [stick-lah] of milk and boil half of it to pasturize it.


Step 3: Wait for the boiled milk to cool and then combine both halves: boiled and unboiled into a container.


Step 4: Let the container sit outside for 6 hours (use your desgression depending on weather, temperature of air and milk, humidity, etc.... I haven't had time to perfect this part yet).


Step 5: Eat and/or put in the fridge to eat later.
Step 6: That was it.






p.s. I left mine out for 2 days...= it tasted like sour dough, but it was edible with 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 spoonfuls of honey.

Emily said that since she lives in the city, she was taught to boil all of it and then to drop a spoonful yogurt you buy at the store to room temp milk and stir and then let it sit overnight ~ 8 hours. She said it tasted great. Let's all try and tell me how it works!

I am waiting for another lady to give me a sticla of milk to try again...