Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Gymnastics Women's - sooo sad

I watched it. I woke up at 4:55am to watch it...to find out that it didn't start until 5:30am.

My TV isn't great, so I was jabbing a hairpin, and using aluminum foil to get a clearer signal. I could hear it and see it, but everyone had crimps, and for a sport where you want perfect form, I wanted no crimps!

Sooooo sad. I admit it, I wanted China to fall on their faces, just to give the US a chance. US is the better team! Sure China was solid on their landings, but we've got Nastia and Shawn Johnson!! They're soo solid and they've got flair and Chrisma! and Nastia has a ballerina's grace, which I think lacks with other gymnasts these days (being a former balleria myself (I wasn't a good one) I admire those with grace and perfect extensions).

Romania won bronze, but I think they set up to win just bronze. Their routines lacked the flair and determination that China and the US had in their sets, but they were consistant and they managed to beat out Russia by one point. The US lost to China by about 2.4 points.

US is sad, they were set for Gold. I am sorry for that girl that made such big mistakes that I think may have made the US lose. She knows it too, since Nastia and Shawn both made only small mistakes in their routines.
For their sakes!!! I hope those two win Individual all arounds and ALLLLLLLLL THE individual Events!!!! (They are good enough that it's possible!!). Go USA!

Get some golds US women's artistic team!!!!! We can do it!

p.s. No sight of any beach volleyball in Romania. They like Canoeing and Judo more.

I do like how Romania, the US, and China are the main teams we follow here (go figure =D )

No comments: