Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I got my stuff more-or-less-so back

A cop knocked on my door Saturday morning, and he kept knocking and ringing, and even though I really really wanted to ignore him, I got up.

I had a pair of biker shorts on, and a size L tie-dyed t-shirt I had bought from other volunteers. My hair I put into a pony bun, and I had my glasses and retainers on = I didn't look good at all.

Anyway, he told me the kid's moms paid up the sum, he asked me what I lost again, to guess the estimate, and he gave me 250 Ron.
I got almost all my stuff back: sunglasses, wallet and IDs and cards, hair brush, cables, etc...

What I was still lacking: my camera case, the spare battery to my canon camera, my hp usb digital drive (to transfer photos from camera to computer through USB), and my 1gb mini sd chip. Oh, and they stole about 60 ron I think....from my wallet. The last time I looked at my wallet, I think I had about 60...but I have a bad memory for basic everyday life things. I hope I got more and not less, but I'm stupidly fair sometimes and I tried to be as close to the target as possible.

Anyway: I got money, so now I get to buy everything new again. Whopdedo. =/

p.s. WTF! I bought a Kingston 2GB card from a large store (like a Sears or Best Buy) and it only holds 1 GB?!?! I checked the whole packaging and I tried to stuff more than 1GB on it, but it would not take. I think this circumstance is poop.

I'm GLAD I got all my stuff back, and I'm glad the people here are on my side, and not on the bad kids' side.

addition: Man I made a lot of typos here, but hey, I hope people appreciate the quantity here and not the quality. =)

3 comments:

amelia said...

what?! shady kids stole your stufff?? >:o

Cynthia said...

yes. And the WHOLE village knows. It happened 2 weeks and 1/2 ago, and 10 minutes ago a man at the bar (almost all stores here are: 1/2 stores and 1/2 bars) asked me if I got my stuff back.

I understand 1/2 of what they're saying: so I just repeated: Am gasit, am gasit, situatie este terminat, este bine.

Which means (you can prob guess): I found, I found, the situation is done, it's okay.

I should have said: le-am gasit (which is I found them), but I don't speak in another language well at all under pressure.

Unknown said...

yippeeeee justice has been served =)