So this will be me being a tourist in Europe, we'd better add an H- in front for Hot, just to be clear it's me. HCASR =)
Anyway, this was Tuesday when I went down to the city because I was leaving from the city at 9am the next day, so I thought I'd spend some time with Marie since she was leaving Romania soon (actually this week now) and spend some time with my language tutor, who also lives in the city.
I went to the Eco center (By the way, I was going on a trip with an Ecological center to visit other sites in Romania, they invited me to go with them the week before, and after the elections, the said it was still fine to go with them and they'd cover my costs if the Primaria couldn't. Sweet!!!) to drop my stuff off and There! Found out that Wednesday, was really meant JOI! Joi = Thursday!
Ergo, I learned make sure to understand times and dates in both languages and not to assume that the other person is getting all their translations right.
SO! I spent an extra day with Marie, and helped her clean her apartment before she left the country, I helped a tiny bit really.
This hot toots showed me that you can make root beer from mineral water!! I did not believe her at first, but wow!! It was like a Miracle!! Romanians don't like it though I'd heard, they think it tastes like meds. Only us Americans do.
Root beer FLOATS!!!
Ingredients: Mineral water, sugar, root beer extract, and skill.
I mentioned crazy random thunder/lightning storms here, with pouring rain. I tried to take pictures for you Katie!! They were across the sky!! But I couldn't catch ANY!! Here are a couple attempts =(
And here of course...mosquito bites. I got 11 that night in Galati, the 2nd night I was covered with repellent and got 1. Those ankle ones suck. At the moment, I get bitten quiet often and it's a good thing there's no malaria here. I could put repellent on all the time, but it's too hot to do that.
1 comment:
thanks for trying to get storm pictures ^_^ ew to mosquito bites. looks painful.
Post a Comment