It had a population of 200 or 400, I forget. This place also no sewage system, and no water system yet. They however speak Luxembourgish after 900 years of being separated from Luxembourg, so the 4 people in my group were fascinated to speak with them.
The houses here are different from my village, the front of their houses are made to be a barricade to keep out Turkish invaders. That's actually
Rumor has it, Prince Charles came here twice. I believe it, and we met the ambitious lady who is making big changes in this area. She changed this poor town into more of a tourist site and she's trying to implement a sewage system soon.
At 5 am, the cows and horses go out to eat, and they come back at about 6pm. They walk in a crowd and peel off as they go into their own homes. hahahha.
This town is way more Saxon-ish in their building style. People speak Romanian here, but there were a few families still that knew Luxembourgish.
Here's the courtyard behind the giant gates. It's similar to here (my site on the Moldovian side) in that there are veggies and animals in the yard.
The barns behind the houses are another layer of barricades. They have hay in them usually, just like in the US!
3 comments:
wow, you could make a lot of money with those copper pipes back here.
Don't give her ideas! Bad American tendencies should stay in the US.
Hahaha Awwwww!!
I try to smash as many dreams/fantasies about America as I can. Cause yes we have more money there, but I can't say that we're right on everything, and there are definitely things wrong there. An example: I see less obesity, here less people allergic to food, and other suble things I can't say which is better.
On my comment earlier "She changed this poor town into more of a tourist...." I meant really poor as in no money, so it's a good thing for them (and it's what they want). I agree, in the US tooo much tourism, and I wouldn't want my area (my village) to become one just to survive.
Post a Comment