I've been to every school in this comuna, but there was one school where I enjoyed being at more than the others. They were funny, they got along, and I mean, in general all the teachers there were inclusive, for me being there every day for about a month and not teaching anything.
Here's most of us in this picture.
It was a teacher's retirement party, and we ate in a class while kids were partying in the other classrooms =)
Here's the elementary school teachers, I got them in a group for a pic. In this school, not sure about all of Ro, the primary teacher can teach the same class from grade 1-4. In my grade school in the US, we changed teachers and changed classmates every year.
Class 8 graduated, and now are on their way to different high schools, in different cities. We have no high schools in our comuna, which is a giant step for these kids I imagine, to leave classmates they've known for 10 years (if they attended kindergarten).
Here are a bunch of little enthusiastic kids from a class. I had a few goals for the schools, one was to visit every school and I did (not all the kindergartens though) and another one of my goals was to sit-in in different types of classes, and I did that too. I sat through the primary classes (grades 1-4) and through specialty classes (grades 5-8) a chem class, a history class, a biology class, a couple Romanian language classes, English classes, PE, and now that I think about it I did miss: mathmatics, religion, their elective/counseling class, and French.
Every grade here has a "mom" teacher assigned to them after grade 4. This teacher is their counselor and has an elective class with them, I think it's one hour a week. Maybe it would have been awkward to sit in, but probably interesting.
I thought that was nice, to have a teacher all to your class, and I forget the name of this position.
Here is me with Domna Sreguta...(I can't get her name...it's 4 syllables and I can't remember it). She retired after this year, we had a party for her.
On top of her leaving, my new friend Sorina is leaving too.
Here's a pic I made my tutors take with me, they're not all my tutors, but really the people I know best at this school. All very different people, but ...I don't know about labeling people as close friends after only knowing them for 1 month, but I think they're my friends.
All of them live in a different city, have different lives, but it was fun to sit in the teachers' lounge all day and talk to them in their 10 minute breaks, or if they have a free hour.
And so ends the chapter: Chilling in the Cancelarie cu Chic Chicas (hanging out in the teachers' lounge with awesome women)
And so begins a new chapter: Summer in Romania
1 comment:
The girl in neon green seems very photogenic!
Post a Comment