Monday, April 7, 2008

Sights I saw walking to scoala, game for Kor

So things are grey because....and because it was sprinkling rain at the time.



Here is a car with a sign on top: SCOALA which means school. These cars are everywhere and while I know we have cars marked for student drivers in the US, this is a really common sight here. Like it's as common as seeing...a Honda..no more like seeing a Volkswagon bug.


Some homes have washers here, but I don't think any have driers. I've seen that most familys hang dry their clothes outside their windows regardless of what floor they live on. Those clothes pins look just like the ones from home. My mom used to hang dry our clothes. It's okay, but consistancy of hung dry clothing when the weather is cold though is of cardboard. Eww.



Here is a hole in a block and I promise that there are kittens in the hole. I see them pop their little heads out once in a while. Lots of wild dogs and wild cats here, but people feed them. To the left of this hole is a bowl of food for them. On the menu: bread and meat.
Here's a Romanian snail...ewewew. Nu Imi place =p (I don't like) [Nooo uuoom pl-ah-chey] snails. There are snail fans in our group, but I don't get it, because snails have slime and I don't like slimey things: worms, leeches, all slugs, newts...they're okay but still gross, etc...


Here is a game for Korin, my buddy from my university days: Guess the picture: rock, dirt, poop, or other.






Here's the Fernette dog from the piata [pee-atz-za] (a farmers market) ((there's a FM located across the street from my scoala))
It's the cutest fat thing ever! It waddles and it's soooo well fed. I rarely see it away from the fernette shop. Fernettes are like mini struddles. They're fried pastries with a fruit or something, chocolate, cheese, in the middle.
Anyway, I took a picture of him away from his post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha i loved that game!! as far as i could tell, no poops right? also i too am a snail lover, so u best get to lovin them snails before you come back to my american arms! love u pookie keep writing i love to hear what you're up to! XOXO -Kor