Monday, January 5, 2009

Pre-Christmas Adventure: Erdovidek faire

So here is.... was my adventure before I came back to the US for the holidays. I went to volunteer at a craft faire in the Transylvanian region, in a Hungarian town in the mountains. Not only did it offer free lodging and food to volunteers, it was also a great opportunity to go Christmas shopping!

No the TVs don't work on these rides.This has been my most commonly used transportation thus far in Romania.
I was glad I didn't have to travel that 6+ hour trip by myself. I met up with an "older" (been here longer) volunteer on my way up. Her names Nanty, and you may recognize her from the Thanksgiving pictures.



Here we arrived (a bunch of PCVs) the tongue of the hostlewe'd be staying at.







It wasn't as bad as I'd imagined. There were flushing toilets, heat, colors, clean sheets?!? and hot showers!!!














We slept on bunk beds, 4 beds to a room.

I stayed there 3 nights! Not bad!

No comments: