Curge Apa Calda
Ce Buna este viata
cu curge apa calda
Nu am stiut
te-am pierdut de tine
Deci, trebuie sa iti zic acum:
Mi-ador de tine multe tare!
Ce Buna este viata
cu curge apa calda
Nu am stiut
te-am pierdut de tine
Deci, trebuie sa iti zic acum:
Mi-ador de tine multe tare!
Sa Curge Gine!
Curge, curge, te-am cerut pana Vara
si ma-am ascultat si i-ai facut umed tavana
mai ai facut: bucartarie, hol, si baie
ai curs dupa din sus asa multe
Mai ai curs din jos inapoi-e
Imi pare rau
Nu ne-am inteles bine
Ce felicita pot sa fiu
Daca poti sa curge gine!
So, in terms of not having running hot water, sure I was saving a load of money by not having to pay for the electricity of heating the water, but I've come to learn this about myself: I would take an extra job to be able to afford running hot water. It is really that important to me.
Lots of people in my commune don't have this luxury still, and I am sad for them more than ever now.
Lots of people in my commune don't have this luxury still, and I am sad for them more than ever now.
Here's the translation of my attempts at poetry, and I'll try to translate the rhymes over too:
Running Hot Water
Life is a wonder
when you have running hot water
I didn't have a clue
how much I'd miss you
So now you have to hear me say
I'll treasure you for the rest of my days
To Flow Well!
Flow, flow, I begged you over Summer
and you heard my plea and so began the disaster
you dripped from the ceiling,
then from the kitchen, the hall, and then the bathroom
Yet pouring down from above that much wasn't enough
to satisfy me, so that you started to flow up
I'm sorry
Because this was not how I wanted it to be
I'd be forever-more so happy
If you would just flow normally!
(I admit, my English translations are way better, so I'll inflict this torture only on special occasions).
Life is a wonder
when you have running hot water
I didn't have a clue
how much I'd miss you
So now you have to hear me say
I'll treasure you for the rest of my days
To Flow Well!
Flow, flow, I begged you over Summer
and you heard my plea and so began the disaster
you dripped from the ceiling,
then from the kitchen, the hall, and then the bathroom
Yet pouring down from above that much wasn't enough
to satisfy me, so that you started to flow up
I'm sorry
Because this was not how I wanted it to be
I'd be forever-more so happy
If you would just flow normally!
(I admit, my English translations are way better, so I'll inflict this torture only on special occasions).
4 comments:
HAHHAHAH i like the poems.
from 1 to 10, assuming 10 meaning the best, i give the hot water one a 10, and the flow one an 8.
heat one felt like it had a natural poem flow, and i semi-relate, cuz i hate when i travel and the hot water is only hot for 5 minutes!
the flow one is pretty good, but seems kind of choppy (or maybe that's just me not getting it, cuz i'm sleepy), but still pretty good, and makes the reader sympathize.
WOW! And you even wrote the poems in Romanian! Kudos to you my friend. Felicitari ca acum ai apa calda!!!!
ahhahaha your cute =P yippee for hot water... I can't live without.. donno how you managed so long)
Post a Comment