Monday, March 10, 2008

wrap up of week 2

Trip to Bucharest


We went to the big city of Romania (population 2.5 million) to meet with organizations relation to our sectors. In my case we met with World Vision, which I did not know anything about until that meeting. We all got dropped off at the same place and we all went seperate ways to our organizations. In my case, my group took the metro...




Here is Samuel and Daniel. They are brothers, I sat visavis (across) from them on the bus.














Here is our excursion through the metro. It reminded me a lot of SF's bart system. Slight differences, but ticket shapes, the smell, and the metalness was all the same.




After the visit we found other groups and had dinner in Bucharest. I wasn't all too hungry because my gazda (host) mom packs me a healthy lunch every day, so I just ate dessert =D








We ended the week with a game involving all the PST's, all 37 of us! We had a school wide scavenger hunt. =( Too bad there was no prize at the end.


Each team (5 teams) got an envelope with clues in Romanian on how to get to the next clue. It didn't take the teams too long to find all the clues. The prize at the end was a topic for us to make a 5 minute skit on. Pretty basic skit topics for what PC in Romania.
(I've tried time and time again to post these pictures but I can't. The computer/internet won't let me/keeps deleting them, so I give up).