Monday, March 17, 2008

Settling in - In Ploiesti

So....things are starting to settle down.

I know I've been terrible with blogging these last couple weeks, but there's really not too much to say.

I've finally managed to Roll those R's!!!! Hurray! After weeks of practicing.
RRRRRR RRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRR

I can make short rolls, but not long ones yet. I can't say words with 2 R's either, yet. I'll get there.

Um....other things that are consistant with my days and weeks now.

About 2-3 times a week for the last 2 weeks Sarah and I have gone jogging in the mornings. Today she ran 2 miles and I ran about 1 1/2 miles. I have no idea how far that is in km.
This is the furthest we've run, thanks to our mp3 players. We have to get up at 6:00am to go jogging. We meet about 6:25ish and we jog until 7am.

We go back and I eat the breakfast made for me then I get ready for school.

Every weekday I go to language class, and ever week we have a new teacher so we are exposed to different teach styles and different accents. This week I have Simona - tall, skinny, and supposedly very kind teacher. I've had her one day, and I'll let you know how it goes.

On the weekends from now on I'll probably go to this nice cofeateria I found. It's cute and quiet and reminds me of the bagel shop I worked at.

The two things I think is weird Romanians have no idea about: Bagels and marshmellows.
They have no idea what they are!

class is starting. Pa!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

1 mile = 1.6093km. Just remember the swim for the Olympic course (1.5km which is almost a mile).

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the "R"s!!!