I didn't eat any cheese steak, but I did have pizza for dinner. The flights were fine, it was mostly sunny, puffy clouds, and decent pilots, we even got a movie and NBC sitcoms. There were interesting landscapes from the air. I saw lots of mining - looked like alien crop marks.
I took a shuttle from the airport to the hotel: Sheraton Hotel - which is pretty nice. Our shuttle driver was a really great tour guide too, he told us lots of historical and interesting facts about everything in the city!
There's lots of brick buildings and lots of refineries in this flat city. It's drizzling, but it's no colder than SJ.
I don't know why I'm so tired, because in PT it's only 7:40pm, but I am pooped.
Calvin and I stayed up last night until 12:30am working on that garden shed, and after I took my shower and packed up my stuff, it was too late to sleep.
Thanks to Rubi and Katie, I was able to stay up until my flight departed.
I was sorta of sad that Calvin would rather sleep than see me off to the airport, and I was sad that mom dropped me off and didn't short term park and hang out with me until my departure time. It was a very abrupt goodbye, which in a way was good because I was close to tears. It's scary! I'm leaving!
I'm terrible at goodbyes, so it was a good thing that I had a short farewell.
After trying to maneuver around the airports with all my 2 years worth of supplies, I admit I packed too much. Nevermind, all this stuff can be useful, it's heavy!
I was also sore from working on that shed all the day before, and not sleeping, and being sunburned too.
After I was dropped off at the hotel, 2 other girls also doing Peace Corps were on that shuttle and we got our rooms together. I met Sarah and Jackie. On that shuttle also was a gentleman named Richard. I found out Sarah was my roommate and the 3 of us went to our rooms and met up a few minutes to get dinner.
Not much happened after except we decided to hang out tomorrow and see a bit of Phili in the morning, and I got internet! and a shower!!
Going to pass out now. Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment