Monday, February 18, 2008

1st day over

It is late, yes, I need to sleep soon.
The day was quick, and it was very fun getting to know all the other Peace Corps members going to Romania. There's a diverse mix of people of different ages from all over the US. I've got to wonder though....there's no one from Texas.


I met all 40ish PCT members today: Peace Corps Trainees (we were promoted from Applicants ---> PCTs today) and I have most of their names down, but not all. Those 2 years in Theta (the sorority I was in for 2 years of college) really paid off eh? (in terms of learning names)

Today was actually shorter: 1:30-6:30pm of getting to know each other.
Tomorrow will be 8:30am-5?pm and we have to dress up in our best business casual tomorrow (some people weren't dressed up enough today) and do more orientation stuff.

It's interesting being in such a historical town in the middle of a University, U. Penn. is a beautiful school!! So perdy!
I want someone I know to go here so I can visit them in the future.

Anyway, long meeting tomorrow so Sarah (my awesomest of awesome roommate!) and I will go get snacks so we don't starve during the meeting. My stomach gurgled during today's meeting, so it was an awkward experience I don't want to repeat.

No comments: