Placinta with yogurt instead of branza (cow cheese). Lili brought this over and it was delicious. It is an acquired taste because at first I didn't like it, but now I do.

I don't have a good shot of dinner, cause I was running around being host. Being host is busy, even if things were well planned.

Guest comprised of PCVs from all parts of Romania, mostly from my group, but some volunteers who've been here longer too, and Romanians. From my group: Lee, Janet, Emily, Nils, and Julie came. From other groups: Nancy and Dan. Other Romanians: Roxana and her boyfriend, Lili the English teacher who lives in my village and her family, and my counterpart was invited but he was unable to make it.
The guests were very helpful with setting up and cooking. =)


It happened that 5 people has their birthdays on the 24th and 25th of November. Two guests bought a cake for them =D and we sang Happy Birthday in Romanian: LA MULTI ANI! I still don't know the words well.

The birthdayers were surprised.

I hoped the baby wasn't too bored, she was the only kid, she's Lili's 1 1/2 year old baby.

Dinner was delicious and there was lots of food: turkey, stuffing, yams, steamed beans and mushrooms, mashed potatoes, cranberry jelly, um...the works! and pumpkin pie from scratch and more!


We even had good left overs so the kitties outside received a wonderful meal too!
The mean chickens stole food from the cats. Did you know they eat meat? Freaky.





We just chilled, and talked and then people slept over or went back to the city. I tried my best to make my place warm, but I think it was still too cold. I tried.

It was a good crowd.

We had good stuff for breakfast too, and here's a pic of the wishbone before I lost it.


I don't have a good shot of dinner, cause I was running around being host. Being host is busy, even if things were well planned.
Guest comprised of PCVs from all parts of Romania, mostly from my group, but some volunteers who've been here longer too, and Romanians. From my group: Lee, Janet, Emily, Nils, and Julie came. From other groups: Nancy and Dan. Other Romanians: Roxana and her boyfriend, Lili the English teacher who lives in my village and her family, and my counterpart was invited but he was unable to make it.
The guests were very helpful with setting up and cooking. =)
It happened that 5 people has their birthdays on the 24th and 25th of November. Two guests bought a cake for them =D and we sang Happy Birthday in Romanian: LA MULTI ANI! I still don't know the words well.
The birthdayers were surprised.
I hoped the baby wasn't too bored, she was the only kid, she's Lili's 1 1/2 year old baby.
Dinner was delicious and there was lots of food: turkey, stuffing, yams, steamed beans and mushrooms, mashed potatoes, cranberry jelly, um...the works! and pumpkin pie from scratch and more!
We even had good left overs so the kitties outside received a wonderful meal too!
The mean chickens stole food from the cats. Did you know they eat meat? Freaky.
We just chilled, and talked and then people slept over or went back to the city. I tried my best to make my place warm, but I think it was still too cold. I tried.
It was a good crowd.
We had good stuff for breakfast too, and here's a pic of the wishbone before I lost it.
2 comments:
what are you feeding the cats?
Best Thanksgiving dinner yet!(and the first for me).thank you for the invitation.hugs
Post a Comment