A selfish purpose you can assume, and you would assume correctly!
But of course!
I've told these children that to have even more fun in this class! I need something from them, not their soul, but trash.
I need them collect stuff they may normally throw into the street or leave in their backyard to burn into pollution and bring them to class to use for "art" projects.
Examples of what I asked them to bring: popsicle sticks from their ice creams, empty soda and water bottles, magazines and newspapers, toilet paper rolls, and empty boxes (ALL WASHED AND CLEANED FIRST!)
I can't stand for dirty trash =p
Why? To kinda work on recycling. It's hard here to recycle, or to even throw away trash.
Example:
- I feed left over meat and dairy to neighbor's cats and dogs.
- I dump left over veggie material and decomposables into my compost pile
- I have a few bags of plastics I don't know what to do with.
- HOWEVER! Before I had a compost pile I threw it in the trash, and now I have 2 bags of trash juice stuff in my apartment and it's been here for 4 weeks, but I can't bring myself to burn it....and I don't think it will burn anymore.
But in my class, it can't hurt to show that we can utilize trash stuff, and to store it and not leave it on the streets.
I WAS SOOOOOOO HAPPY WHEN KIDS BROUGHT STUFF! AND THEY STILL ARE AND A GOOD AMOUNT!!
The librarian got creative and built a flower thing with scraps of colored paper from the "trash bag" (I made for class) and a soda bottle. I think I'll let her teach a class on how to make it, though I'm not sure what we'd do with it after, cause would a mom or dad want it?
No comments:
Post a Comment