I reminded me a lot of camping, without the sleeping outside part.
Her family from the city came, we got into cars, drove not too far and found a spot in some trees out where there wern't houses but there were forests. It's random how there's patches of forest off the main road of houses.
We just pulled over and had a BBQ, we brought our own wood and ax, and the men prepared the fire.
We ladies laid out the blankets, and those two girls are my neighbors and the older lady is the grandmother to the tyke. His parents are in Italia, like soooooo many families of Romania.
We had yummy mici's [meee-ch]. They are pork...think of hamburger meat, with garlic. Just a mix of meat with spices, we grilled. That was breakfast and lunch.
We dipped them in mustard and ate them with bread. I think I ate about 7, and I had a very full tummy for the rest of the afternoon. The little kid reminds me of Dudely Dursley, but my neighbors are in love with him. Yes, he's drinking mustard, and they are in the correct order.
I was the only girl to play football. I can't aim in flipflops, but I think I impressed them with my powerful kicks with my thighs of an elephant. I have huge stubby thighs, as of the people of my race, but most Romanian females have long thing legs and I'm semi jealous, if not just self concious.
I tried to make a game for the little guy. Here's me trying to sit in a tree, it didn't work very well.
Dinner was grilled chicken and more bread. We had watermelon and cakes, and sunflower seeds, beer and soda. My neighbors are super giving and gave the random sheepherder and his two kids a full meal too. =)
My neighbors, as in the whole family = giving. The girls always have a candy for a little kid, or an ice cream, or a toy (if they're on the way to a small shop in the village). The mom and dad are the same way too.
I told the girls about how we're more hesitant about giving in the US, especially in CA since we're mostly afraid of being sued. They think it's odd. I would love to give someone a cupcake if I had two, but I don't want to get in trouble. Maybe I'm just paranoid.
1 comment:
I totally understand what you mean about the whole giving thing. Maybe not so much because I'm going to get sued but I know what you mean.
Post a Comment