Calvie and I are having a chill time. I pick him up from school, we do chores (like moving pieces of garden shed out of the minivan), and then he plays his maple story while I do stuff on my computer (peace corps and email stuff), then we both make dinner and eat it over a movie, then he and I clean up and get settled down for bed. If he has lots of hw then I take over a bit more chores but he's really honest about helping out (cause he loves his big sister!). I also talked to Amelia on and off throughout the day.
Important Peace Corps Info:
Date of Departure from San Jose: Feb. 17th at 6:20am
Country of Service: Romania
Position as a volunteer: Economic and Community Development
End of Service: May 6th, 2010
My email address: cynthiasyeh@gmail.com
My address during training Feb. 20-May 20th (for letters only! and write "Airmail" or "Par Avion" on the envelope):
Cynthia Yeh
Peace Corps/Romania
Str. Negustori, Nr. 16
Sector 2, Bucharest
Romania
(I will have another address for my two year service:TBA)
Tickets:
I just checked the price for round trip tickets from San Jose (SJC) to Romania (BUH or OTP) and...depending on what season you go, I found tickets for about ~$600 to $2000. Peak prices were in the summer time and lowest prices were in winter and spring. Traveling from country to country in Europe is cheap! So make sure to visit other places too!
Vacations:
I have 2 days of vacation a month, so 24 days a year to go travel. I can travel home to the US or travel to another place, like in Europe.
I can easily take 1 week of vacation off at a time, but I need to ask permission to take extended vacations.
I cannot go on vacation before August 18th, 2008 (6 months after I start PC) and after February 6th, 2010 (3 months before I leave PC). The reasons are related to training and settling in.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Plain old day and Important Romanian Info!
Labels:
address,
contact,
email,
Important,
Peace Corps Info,
preservice,
tickets,
training,
vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment