More pictures from Thanksgiving, where we went to the village Sunday morning.


Cats:

Hey! We get a good shot of the turkey too! See how small its breast is. It was a female turkey too.


Gypsies in our region are the best metal workers. They make these type of pots and rice doesn't burn on it, they barely stick.

Some of Peace Corps came on a visit so we went to the Indian restaurant in the city. It was okay, but I've had better curry in the US. Maybe cause I like my curry spicy and more flavorful and Romanians tend to like more bland flavors. It was still ethnic and fun.


My backyard dump (all the trash besides the compost stuff):
The cat helped by lying in the sun, he didn't collect the bottles, my neighbor did.




So I built these things so the trash won't fly around and there's a plastic section for the left and others to the right. Not bad for May '08 to March '09; minus the trash that was lit on fire and burned in November.
Game: Where's the cat? in the picture to the right.


Market, and it was on the 1st of March, it was bring and warm and nice.

Hum...their version of sour cream and onion chips. I tried it...and I like the sour cream and onion a LOT more. (I had thought it was really the same, but nope, it's dill).



Working on my local paper. There's a shop, and there's the post office selling the paper for me.


Still Winter. Did you know people use the branches of this type of tree for all sorts of stuff: fences, whipping horses, holding up plants for their vineyard, tomatoes, etc...


Some people (mostly gypsies to my knowledge) come with large bags and sell stuff to the mayor's office. So my co-workers were shopping for clothes.


My large fish called: nov-lak

Yum.


Over at Emily's for a girls' weekend. We made sushi and watched Casablanca. It's a good movie =) I liked it and it was digitally remastered so didn't look like an old film.


We used raw..or smoked fish: herring salad. I dont' know who would eat this salad by itself, but it was good in our sushi.






I don't know why, but there's a beam of light directed at the plate of sushi on the left, and I find it weird and funny.
Cats:
Hey! We get a good shot of the turkey too! See how small its breast is. It was a female turkey too.
Gypsies in our region are the best metal workers. They make these type of pots and rice doesn't burn on it, they barely stick.
Some of Peace Corps came on a visit so we went to the Indian restaurant in the city. It was okay, but I've had better curry in the US. Maybe cause I like my curry spicy and more flavorful and Romanians tend to like more bland flavors. It was still ethnic and fun.
My backyard dump (all the trash besides the compost stuff):
The cat helped by lying in the sun, he didn't collect the bottles, my neighbor did.
So I built these things so the trash won't fly around and there's a plastic section for the left and others to the right. Not bad for May '08 to March '09; minus the trash that was lit on fire and burned in November.
Game: Where's the cat? in the picture to the right.
Market, and it was on the 1st of March, it was bring and warm and nice.
Hum...their version of sour cream and onion chips. I tried it...and I like the sour cream and onion a LOT more. (I had thought it was really the same, but nope, it's dill).
Working on my local paper. There's a shop, and there's the post office selling the paper for me.
Still Winter. Did you know people use the branches of this type of tree for all sorts of stuff: fences, whipping horses, holding up plants for their vineyard, tomatoes, etc...
Some people (mostly gypsies to my knowledge) come with large bags and sell stuff to the mayor's office. So my co-workers were shopping for clothes.
My large fish called: nov-lak
Yum.
Over at Emily's for a girls' weekend. We made sushi and watched Casablanca. It's a good movie =) I liked it and it was digitally remastered so didn't look like an old film.
We used raw..or smoked fish: herring salad. I dont' know who would eat this salad by itself, but it was good in our sushi.
I don't know why, but there's a beam of light directed at the plate of sushi on the left, and I find it weird and funny.
2 comments:
Yes! I made some pictures! I feel so important. By the way, you have a lot of pictures of food. People are going to think you are working in a restaurant here in Romania or something. Not that it would be such a bad idea, you cook well.
If you type your name in the search bar you may find more pictures of you, ones you probably never knew existed.
Post a Comment