I will catch up from this SUMMER!
But this week:
I didn't go to work yesterday because a coworker (60years old) died unexpectedly...from my understanding: a stomach ache soothed with really strong Romanian alcohol = vomiting of blood and death. Maybe a ulcer?
He worked with the mayor's office for 40 years of his life, and we were all there at the whole ceremony from his doorstep to the burial. I felt it was inappropriate to take pictures (at any death), but I didn't feel bad about taking the sign they have on their home for the 3 days while the body is resting there. Since I was his co-worker, I got to go in the procession and wear a black ribbon and everything.
We have many cemeteries here, and his was atop the highest hilltop in the village (I'd never been there before, and it's a beautiful and serene view).
And today I didn't go to work because people are here rebuilding my soba. yaya...
See! No wonder black smoke was fuming from it and my CO alarm kept going off!
Here's the working soba that I've been lighting on and off for the last week. Tis colder now. I kinda took 1/2 days of work on Thursday and Friday because men where here chopping up my wood. They were sent by the mayor to help me and I APPRECIATE! True, it was my only exercise last year, but I couldn't refuse the offer.
I made the men hot teas and omlette lunches too = I was a nice host.
More stories to come! It's too cold to plant stuff anymore!
1 comment:
The men have left. Ugh. So much cleaning to do. ugh. off I go.
Post a Comment