Wednesday, September 2, 2009

2 days of Exciting Mastacani - it's never boring (in the Summer)

So what happened these last two days? Big choices.

First, I decided to become a vegetarian, or just not each chicken for the next few months. We'll see how long I can hold out.
Why?

I had to behead another rooster last evening. It was beating up the other roosters (I had 3) and it was being very rough with the hens.
Seriously the choices were: 1). the cute one that comes when I call it that cooes at me, 2) the gentle, but biggest and toughest rooster that has the best crowing skills (crowing every 5 minutes all day), or 3). The one that would fertilize the best eggs and is pent on raping every hen it can find.
As I ate the meat, I could taste the meat, and I didn't feel all that hungry eating it...so I think I'm going to pause from the chicken eating.

Next, today I was doing the same old stuff at work (socializing, sitting at a computer, and searching for the mayor to discuss projects) I found out that the Red Cross was coming, so we all took a class and got certified for First -Aid.

We also got a first aid kit, that will be stored in the shed so no one will steal it....though I tried hard to convince them to leave them in easily accessible areas. They (librarian, and that dude who watches me weirdly) told me people would steal the gauze and bandages if we left it out....whadda we gonna do *shrugs shoulders.*

Then I continued to work at the mayor's office, but stopped at my emailing to eat 2 watermelons and a whole lot of bread (some guy gave us watermelon).


Then I went home at about 4pm.
After I had rewatered my chickens (I have 5 left), I decided to hang out with my neighbors and we talked about Bijoux, and what an awesome cat he was: loving to all people, good mouse hunter, eats everything, soft and playful, and how we missed him.
I was then playing badminton with my neighbor Yulla, when her dad honked his horn and Tina went and found a kitten in his trunk that looked like Bijoux. Tina loved her look (she has a nice long tail and big eyes) but they don't want a baby making kitten, so ...I took her in. She was scared and shivering, but we hope she'll get over that.

So I decided to adopt a cat (lots or responsibility, and money, and I think then, she'll come back to the US maybe, when I go...we'll see) and Yulla will name her and Tina will teach her some manners.

There will never be one the same....Bijoux died in a car accident 2 weeks ago. We (my neighbors and I) were only able to talk about him starting today. I miss his ears.

So those have been my last two days, and I've done other stuff too, but you got the highlights.
(30 minutes later)
The kitten has escaped from the shed, so we'll find out tomorrow if she's still around. Later.

1 comment:

amelia said...

which chicken did u kill?? i doubt green altho i dont like him. he's too needy and he's dumb. he enjoys eating chicken meat and acts like that only becus he knows you'll let him! >:[